In 2012 we went on the road and delivered five "Shopify for Designers" in the UK and USA. Not only were they a lot of fun but the feedback was very positive. If you missed out last year we have good news.
Over the last couple of months we have been hard at work putting together a full global programme of workshops and meetups for 2013. We'll be visiting cities in the USA, Canada and the UK. Exciting times.
Brighton and Seattle
Following that we'll be visiting Seattle to tie in with our partnership with An Event Apart. We'll be spending the afternoon of Sunday 31st March at The Easy going over theme building and much more. You can register for the FREE workshop over on the new Shopify Meetups site.
We are still working on the full programme and final venues but registration is now open. The confirmed dates are as follows:
- Brighton, UK – Thursday February 28th 5.30pm at "The Old Ship" [Register]
- Seattle, USA – March 31st 1pm at "The Easy" [Register]
- Manchester, UK – May 13th 1pm at "The Studio" [Register]
- Boston, USA – June 23rd 1pm (venue TBC) [Register]
- Chicago, USA – August 25th 1pm (venue TBC) [Register]
- San Francisco, USA – December 8th 1pm (venue TBC) [Register]
We'll be announcing further meetups and workshops in the coming weeks.
"Shopify for Designers" is designed to introduce web designers and front-end developers to all aspects of building a theme, from the basics right through to more advanced techniques.
This session will also introduce you to the Shopify Partner Program which allows designers and developers to build a successful business around the Shopify platform.
Here's what we'll cover:
- Stores – An appreciation of some of the most well known Shopify stores
- The platform – A look at the main features of the platform and how the admin functions relate to themes
- Themes – A solid look at how a theme is structured as well as an intro to Liquid, the Shopify template language
- Advanced theming – Going deeper into Liquid, you'll learn how to really customize your themes, for example producing product specific templates and how theme settings can enable your clients to easily customize their site
- Integrating Shopify – Learn different approaches to integrating Shopify into existing projects
- Resources – A quick whizz round the amazing resources on offer for designers and developers using Shopify, including the theme and app stores
We hope to see you at one of our upcoming events. If you have a question please feel free to get in touch with me via email email@example.com